Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL731/...5/79091922.jpg
anybody ever deal with a rash like this before? All I know is it is something fungal that none of the meds we have tried, be it OTC or prescribed, have worked in cleaing it up for good. One prescription made a dent in it but then it grew tolerant to it. Its iritated by moisture and rubbing and hes had it since July. Weve seen a doc and a derm and am going to see a derm at children's hospital but Im hoping someone will have some advice.

ohh and that is an older pic it is now big patches and spread out even more

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm, how do you test for staph and I can tell you if it has, LOL, we've been back and forth so much I forget which tests he had but I remember which way they did them.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
My dd had an eczema/acid rash similar to that (but not that much) when her acid production was up too much. It was all over her labia and anywhere that urine or bms touched her skin. Cortisone cream helped a bit. It cleared up with Prilosec and a change to a hypoallergenic formula for kids who are allergic to everthing. Once I ran out of Prilosec and the rash came back. For weeks after the rash her skin lacked pigment in that area until the skin fully healed.

I suffer from eczema and am allergic to the natural yeast found on everyone's skin. I have to use extra strength head and shoulders, plus sometimes anti-yeast cream on the hot spots, to keep the yeast at bay. Do you do cloth diapers? If so there might be some yeasties sticking around in the diapers enough to cause that irritation if she's that sensitive to yeast.

Have you tried oral Benedryl? If so, it might indicate an allergic reaction rather than other things.

If they did a skin biopsy they could tell if it was yeast or something else going on. I sure hope you find out what it is. It looks really painful and itchy!

Darshani

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried elidel on it thinking it might be excema since I had it all in my childhood years, but it didnt make a dent...

ohh and if this helps any we did naftin and dermatop together and it cleared it up but then something set it off again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.