Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am wanting to make some longies for my nb due in January. We tend to have around 8lb babies. For those that make longies for their newborns what measurements do you use? I have never made them for a nb so I don't know.

Thanks

· Registered
150 Posts
I bought the Picky Pants pattern and started with the small size. They grow so fast that by the time you are done knitting a stash in the right size, its time to make bigger ones! Or shorts for summer! I've knit more pairs of shorties and longies than I can count. My favorite set were large-waisted capris that ended up as shorts by summer.

· Registered
99 Posts
I did the same thing with the picky pants pattern (knit size small before baby came), but I did get a few weeks use of size NB. The picky pants fit a little looser than the original longies. My babies tend to be close to nine pounds.

· Registered
1,436 Posts
I split the difference between the newborn and small sizes on the Picky Pants pattern for newborns expected to be 8 lbs or more. My kids have been 9+ lbs and that size only fits briefly, but small is initially too big. My kids were born in March and I figured it would only be cold enough for longies for a few weeks anyway, so I'd go with what would fit right away instead of sizing up. Newborn size wouldn't have worked at all with my kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.