Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamamidwife View Post
Looking for a doula (postpartum or labor), childbirth educator or student midwife (or all three) that can help me out with a client up that way....

Anyone?
Pam I can get to Longview in only 45 minutes have you checked with any of the doulas here in Vancouver? Not sure what you are needing though so maybe this will not help at all. I'm not really taking clients right now so I am of no help, sorry.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there a list of doulas in Vancouver?

I'm looking for someone to do childbirth education for a client of mine in Longview. And to help out immediately postpartum since she's two hours away from us.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated, Allison!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pamamidwife View Post
is there a list of doulas in Vancouver?

Sadly I don't know. I am so out of the know for this area, I haven't even thought about or looked into any doula networks in the area. Have you asked on the big thread if any of the doulas on there know any in Vancouver? Sorry I'm no help. Hope you find someone close to the momma.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The only thing I can think of is maybe calling up the one health food store and seeing if they know if any of their clients are possibly trying to become or are what you are looking for. It is a small town and they might chit chat with so and so who comes in and gets stuff or something is what I am thinking.

I grew up in the area and will likely be there for a couple of weeks right before my due date staying with my folks, and I can not find ANYONE who will do pre-natals for me during that time and the closest midwives I can find is a group in St. Helens, OR that my insurance will cover - not exactly close. I have decided just to keep an eye on myself and pray that I do not go early, and if I do, stay at home as long as I possibly can and go in just to push the baby out.

My mom says that there is one midwife in the area who I believe only does hospital births and she is part of an OB practice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only doula I have met in Longview is Vanessa Hunter. You may be able to get in touch with her through Bravo Babies a children's resale shop in downtown Longview.

Several women I've met at the Longview LLL used Laura Hamilton as a homebirth MW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum and I know that you posted some time ago about needing someone. I am a Doula that lives in Woodland WA so I am only about 20 miles from Longview if you ever need anyone again. I am also currently finishing a Perinatal Educator class and will be certified to teach CBE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.