Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a comfy cotton (non-wrinkle) maternity dress that I can just pull on and go. It needs to be long enough that I can pick up a toddler without showin' where my babies come from. I've always wanted one of these and just never managed to find one at the right time. Any ideas where to look?

Oh, and I'd prefer a color other than black.
Picky I know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, see, that doesn't help. :LOL
I KNOW I saw a ton a few years ago when I was pregnant with Jude, but now I just can't seem to find them! Target carries... let see... how to describe them... polyester belly shirts and business dresses now!

But that dress you wore to the hospital... that's the kind of comfort I'm talkin' bout!

On my search I found this... a little more than I wanted to spend and it only comes in black. But something like this would be nice, I'd think. http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0...46498003125850

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm having similar problems finding any maternity dresses at all from Canadian stores. Sears and Old Navy are all about tops and capri pants or skirts. And frankly, I don't want anything tight or clingy around my waist right now. So I can't imagine that feeling's going to be getting better as I get bigger!

I'll try eBay, too and hope for the best.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ooh, Kristen, I think that's a great dress!
I like the blue color. Pretty! Thank you!!!

Thank you everyone for helpng! I really appreciate it!

Beachcomber, good luck. I coulnd't find what I watned on Ebay, but hope you have better luck!

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I want something like that but I don't want it as fitted as the ones I've seen.

I'm thinking short sleeves and empire waisted.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ooh! I have the perfect thing! Go to Costco -- I kid you not!

They were selling a bunch of what I imagine were supposed to be beach coverup type dresses just a couple of weeks ago. I found a babydoll style one in purple, kind of tye-dyed, with big pockets in the side. They were one-size-fits-most, and I am 5'1" tall, at this point (33 weeks) around 150something pounds, and I know I'll have room in this until the end of the pregnancy. I also heft around my 30 pound 3 year old, and have no worries about giving anyone a free show when I do that in this dress.

If I'd seen it in other colors, I'd have bought them too. It was about $20.

Good luck!,
Debi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts