Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Well, howdy neighbor! I am in Derry. We have a doc in Bedford who is ok with vax delay, but not non vax. BUT, I know there is a doc around here that does allow for that. Let me look for the name.

·
Registered
644 Posts
i second that in a MAJOR way - we all see dr. thomson and we LOVE him!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,
I just called to make an appointment with Dr. Thomson and to ask a couple of questions, and the receptionist said that he delays vax but she didn't say anything about not vaxing at all. I was wondering if anyone saw him recently and if he is still open to not vaxing..any info would be great....

Thank you......

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I called to set up an appt with Thomson but the delay is 2 months and I need to get my little one in soon. Plan on scheduling my other sons checkup with him in April. Anyway they set me up with another dr for next week. What is the rest of the practice like at Willowbend? Anyone I should avoid???

·
Registered
644 Posts
well - most people that see dr. thomson also really like michelle driscoll - i am not a huge fan - i have a tall skinny breastfed baby that dr. thomson said is growin great, but michelle did not think so...anyway - other people really like her......and i think dr. thomson is ok with nonvax- i was apprehensive about one at one point and he said "you know you don't have to get it..."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bear in mind that Willowbend is a division of Catholic Medical Center. Having said that, the front desk people can't really discuss vaxs with you. Some of the docs in the practice are more main stream. However, rest assured, that Dr. Thomson is fine with either no vaxs or delayed. I send many of my pediatric patients to him, and he is my doc as well. My personal experience with Michelle has been good; especially if she knows you really want to be in with Dr. Thomson.

HTH,
Carolin

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just ignore the front desk people. I think they have no clue that the majority of Thomson/Driscoll's patients don't vax or delay. I just smile and nod when they talk about shots and stuff.

I do know that Victoria Bright (who may be on maternity leave still) breaks up her shots as well.

I've heard Claussen is fine as well but wants her patients to get vaxxed, so for one appt, I would assume you would be fine.

I don't know about the new male doctor, though I want to get my DH in to see him and check him out for us!

In the past, its been pretty easy to get into to see Driscoll and she puts in my chart that we want to see Thomson next time. We alternate between visits who we see.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hannahgrace View Post

I don't know about the new male doctor, though I want to get my DH in to see him and check him out for us!
We saw him earlier this week. He is nice and seems good. I would not hesitate to see him again if we had to. He is pro vax. When I said we delay he recommended seeing Dr. Thomson. Our next appt is with Dr. Thomson.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.