Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, gonna be a first time Mommy here and have no idea about peds in this area, have asked a few people, but haven't gotten the same name twice. I'm due mid Aug, so I need to find one pretty quick, don't know if this makes a difference, but I have Blue Shield...Allcare IPA, and am at DMC. Any help would be greatly appriciated.....

And soybeansmama...if you're still out there I'd love to hook up, still haven't picked a doula, but meeting with Brooke on Thur, just my luck, Cheryl was booked for my due date, but says after I meet with a few others and if I still want her, she will take me as I am delivering at the same hospital as her current client in that time slot, so we'll see....

Take care all...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Lisa Rae,

I have been taking notes for you about popular peds in town. For your insurance, these are the names nursery nurses kept mentioning as their top picks...

At Valley Oak
Dr. Limon
Dr. Bowman

independant but works with blue sheild:
Dr. Watson*
Dr. Idsara

*this is our ped. He isn't pushy about anything and lets you be informed without feeling an attack to his ego. He is a humble, gentle man. He has been a ped for almost 30 years!

I will look at the list of Drs at work who work with your insurance and pass on more recomendations as they come!

I am off this weekend and then again on tuesday. I teach Bradley class next thursday. You are welcome to sit in if you'd like!

Jessica

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I've heard his name come up before, was hoping to get more info, but not much time left. Valley Oak is right up the street though and would be a quick drive.....uuuuhhhhggg...so many how in the world do you choose?

Where and what time is your class? I'm supposed to meet Brooke that night, but maybe it'll work out...Last Thur when I was supposed to meet her I couldn't because they sent me to DMC for tests to rule out pre-eclampsia and check on the little one, tests came back clear, but was on modified bed rest for a long 4 day weekend, only to be told that I could now do a lttle more, but not much, and to stay in bed with my feet up as much as possible...so far so good though, so feeling better about things...Hope all is well with you and yours, thanks for gathering any info it is greatly appriciated. I do have a list of insurance approved peds if that would help, I could get it to you asap, just let me know...thanks again....enjoy the cooler wheather for as long as it lasts...take care

·
Registered
871 Posts
We live Valley Oak. They've gotten really big since moving to their new location. It used to be a smaller practice. The hours are good and I've never had a problem getting a sick child in that day.

We see Dr Bailey. He's quite arogant but a very gifted physician imo. I'm willing to put up with his sometimes sarcastic remarks when I have a hurt/sick child. I've now gotten to where I dish them back and he backs off a bit. For well child checks, we always tried to see his wife, Zippy.

My friend see Dr. Limon. He's good too. But one time we had to see him and he didn't wash his hands between children. That freaked me out. He's more friendly the Dr. Bailey, but not quite the physician. If/when something's wrong with my child, I'll take quality over bed side manners any day.

If you can go to Gould, my friend, Dr Brouard, is a wonderful crunchy pediatrician. She's really open to other's opinions and bf her kids for 3 yrs each.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have had it bookmarked since I was looking for a new pedi for my dd.

I tried Dr Brouard first because she came highly reccomended. But, everytime I called they said she was not accepting new patients. I decided to try Dr. Watson. When I told my mom this, she told me that he was my pedi when I was little (until she had to find a new one due to her insurance changing). Lily has her first appoinment on Friday, so we will see how it goes. My mom said that she liked him and I did too. So, hopefully it all goes ok.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dr Watson is wonderful. We used him for about a year d/t insurance changes. Both of my children adored him. I, however, had a problem with the 1hr wait EVERY time we had an appointment. Hopefully, that has been resolved.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well we saw Dr. Watson and it went well. He was very gentel and patient with my dd who has a major fear of doctors. The wait, thankfully, wasn't bad at all. It might have just been the time of day, but the office was empty except for us. He even remembered me from when I was little. Pretty good, since I didn't remember him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts