Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody recommend a good pediatrician in the Salem or Portland area? Mine recently told me I need to night wean my 6 month old, that nursing her to sleep is a bad habit and she'll need surgery because of the cavities it will cause her!

We obviously made a bad choice when selecting her as our DD's doctor. She also isn't too keen on our co-sleeping.
:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Hi and
to MDC! We see a pediatrician at Broadway Medical Clinic right off I-84 and Sandy Blvd in NE PDX. I really like her so far. I'm not sure what her views are on nighttime parenting and so forth, but she's AP and non-vaxing friendly. She even gave me a copy of Dr. Sears and Harvey Karp info when my dd was newborn. She also nursed her daughter until 20 months. Her name is Hilary Basco and here is the clinic's website.

·
Registered
7,527 Posts
I have a friend, Evelin Dacker, who owns Vida Family Medicine. She's a family practice doc, had her second baby at home, has extended nursed both her kids and is totally AWESOME! She's also no-vax or delayed-vax friendly. Total AP mama! She's in Salem.

http://www.meta-ehealth.com/site/office/index.jsp

I'm not a fan of pediatricians, unless there is a chronic health condition that needs specialized care. Kind of like OBs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts