Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out that I am expecting my 3rd baby sometime in Feb. 06. It has been a long time dream of my to have a home waterbirth. I have been looking at the Texas midwifery site for midwives but I want to hear honest feedback from mothers that have experienced midwives in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I am also a certified birth doula and have seen how hospital birth can just totally diminish the normalcy of pregnancy, labor, and birth. I am totally commited to a homebirth this time and I actually have the support of my husband for that too. Some thing I have been working on for quite some time.
One more thing. Money is a huge issue. I want to hear all suggestions but if there are mw that you know that will barter services or do reduced cost please chime in.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should mention the names of the people I am looking at so far. CPM: Lisa Black, Brooke Arnold, Jain Gandy, and Amy Allred. Please all info is wanted, and please suggest other great MW too.
I have a Dallas address but live in the Duncanville/Cedar Hill area. Right off of I-20 and FM 1382

Thanks Again

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'll be delivering in the Duncanville area as well. Won't be stateside until after 34 weeks pregnant, though. Anyway, I've looked at Molly Germash CPM, Becky Burpo CNM, & Dinah Waranch CNM. All three have said they would be willing to do a HB in Duncanville. Molly & Dinah's birth centers are much closer... don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My best friend had a home waterbirth with Dinah back in September and like her a lot. I hope to interview with her later this week or next week. I have met Molly G. and just wasn't interested after meeting her. I am very picky though. I have heard good things about Becky except that she doesn't do VBAC's and even though I'm not a VBAC I support womans choice to VBAC so that bothers me. Has anyone heard anything about midwife Renee Stewart?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy to report that after intviewing and talking with different midwives in the Dallas area I am very much at peace with my decision to choose Dinah Waranch as my midwife. I look forward to posting a wonderful birth experience whe the baby comes.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Congrats on your decision! Molly has been my mw since my first pregnancy & I just love her. Thats why meeting/interviewing is good, I guess! I have a friend who said she reminded her of her mother-in-law & that just wasn't going to work *LOL* And I know people who love this one midwife in the area that I've met a couple of times and am really not that fond of. Everyones different! Hope your birth is awesome.

aisling

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
LOL! A midwife that reminded me of the MIL would definitely be a no-go!

You will love Dinah! I have never heard anyone say anything other than how much they liked her! Congrats and have a great birth!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts