Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like a home reference guide for homeopathy. a place to find remedies for common illness for children and adults alike. i have found some sites online that offer a database with this information but i really love books, something about holding the pages, and would use it more if it were on the shelf not in the computer, kwim? tia.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I have a book called "Curing Everyday Ailments the Natural Way" by Reader's Digest. I like it because it has methods of prevention and suggests cures from different kinds of medicine--homeopathy, aromatherapy, Chinese medicine, diet, and easy home remedies (hot or cold compresses for example). When applicable it suggests exercises or massages you can do.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anomaly13 View Post
i would like a home reference guide for homeopathy. a place to find remedies for common illness for children and adults alike. i have found some sites online that offer a database with this information but i really love books, something about holding the pages, and would use it more if it were on the shelf not in the computer, kwim? tia.
My mom bought me 2 books that have been a blessing to me [single mom] and my children [DS almost 4 and DD just turned 2].

The one we [mom and I] use most is Mark & Angela Stengler's Your Vital Child. Both Stengler's are Naturopaths with extra degrees in Homeopathics. This book includes everything you can imagine in natural healing PLUS conventional medicine a regular MD might prescribe. They use food, vitamins, herbs, homeopathic remedies, cell salts, ...everything, and it has been a life safer to us.

The other book, not as extensively used, but still close at hand is Medicine Moms by Arlene Uhl.

She bought both on amazon.com, but mom said you can get them from most book places. Although the one she bought said used when it arrived it was in pristine condition [its not anymore...we might actually have to buy another one pretty soon].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.