Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be moving to NC in the next few weeks and I will be looking for a homebirth midwife. We will be living between Raleigh and Rocky Mount. I have read that it is illegal for a midwife to attend a homebirth in NC and am wondering how this plays out in real life. Is a homebirth out of the question? My last 2 babes were born at home and I am ill to think of being forced to return to a hospital. Unassisted birth is not an option as my sweet husband does not have the stomach for it. Any suggestions, words of wisdom, or midwife info will be greatly appreciated.

Samantha

·
Registered
970 Posts
In my experience and that of a friend's, the midwives don't actually write back if you post on nchomebirth.com. The best way is the way you're doing - word of mouth! Let us know if you have trouble getting in touch w/ someone.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We keep our midwives' names confidential, but there are plenty who are willing to help you birth at home! I got some responses from nchomebirth.com and also recommendations on this board. I PM'd you with my midwife's info! Also, Nancy Harman is the legal midwife in this area.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
i work for a homebirth midwife near raleigh, as her assistant. you can pm or email me for info. i had both of my girls at home in the past 4 years, as well.

be in touch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was in NC for over a week & we found a place to live WAY out in the boonies! I will be getting in touch with the midwives that have been suggested to see if they will even travel to our corner of the world but I am so excited to have so many possibilities. I was really worried and now I have more options than I did in our area of GA where it is basically legal
So a big Thank you to all of you of you for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are currently in Middle GA. Atlanta & N Ga seem to have a good selection of midwives but I only knew one midwife in our area & she recently left the homebirth biz to work in a hospital. She delivered my last 2 munchkins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.