Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any alternatives from A Place For Women and Dr. Van Scriver? Those are the two I keep hearing about, but would like a wider choice based on personal ethical boundaries.

I'm 41 and having my fourth child. All my other kids are adults. My first in 1989 was the only c-section (placenta previa) followed by two uneventful VBACs. Returning to the same hospital/doc, I'm told they no longer allow VBACs period. My OB said he disagreed with his hospital's stance, but his hands were tied. He's convinced right now that in my position I would have no trouble delivering naturally. However, I'm not finding doctors who are pro VBAC in general...one said that they only take case by case patients in my position, but want hospital records to even consider it...trouble is all my births are so long ago that both the doctor, the hospital and the out of town medical records (I guess where they shipped off old local records) have been purged for over a decade.

I'm very frustrated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there!

Dr. V is at a Place for Women.

I have had all 3 of my babies with them, all vaginally at St. Luke's. Dr. V delivered my first (epidural), and nurses delivered my other two (drug free) at the hospital.

Honestly, Dr. V is really the only doc I trust. I love her CNM Evelyn Brady and Dr. Slade is pretty cool and avoid Dr. P for many reasons. I've got BP issues, clotting issues and ruled out of the birth center, but you may want to call fruitful vine to see if they might accept VBAC?

http://fruitfulvine.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but my request was to find an alternate option. BTW, in FL it is illegal to have a VBAC at a birthing center. It is legal to have a VBAC in your own home. Go figure. But I'm looking for a hospital that supports VBAC and I'm looking for a doctor who is not Dr. V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issakaye View Post

Hi there!

Dr. V is at a Place for Women.

I have had all 3 of my babies with them, all vaginally at St. Luke's. Dr. V delivered my first (epidural), and nurses delivered my other two (drug free) at the hospital.

Honestly, Dr. V is really the only doc I trust. I love her CNM Evelyn Brady and Dr. Slade is pretty cool and avoid Dr. P for many reasons. I've got BP issues, clotting issues and ruled out of the birth center, but you may want to call fruitful vine to see if they might accept VBAC?

http://fruitfulvine.com/

·
Registered
16 Posts
from what i understand (and also working with A LOT of ob/gyn docs in jax), vansciver is the only doc in town that'll do a vbac. the best suggestion outside of her to call would be the care center for women at shands. i only recommend calling them b/c they have sooo many docs and soooo many residents that one may do it, depending, of course, on hospital policies and the policies of their malpractice insurance carriers.

good luck!!! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.