Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
We have recently moved to Tupelo, MS. I am looking for a doc that is ok with us not vaxing or delaying vaccinations. Does anyone have any recommendations??

I don't mind if it's a family doctor or peds...either will do fine!

I am just really tired of being lectured on how non-vaxer's are crazy and dangerous to society!?!
:

Thank you,
Rebecca

·
Registered
88 Posts

Well, what I have found is that you do NOT want to go to a Ped.. They push and push the vaxes here. We've found a family clinic who do NOT give vaxes... They tell you to go to the Health Department for them (of course, we haven't..lol) I just tell them that we are delaying them. Plus the fact that we homeschool, there really isn't anything they can do about it. It is the Auburn Family Clinic.

~ Heather

·
Registered
469 Posts
Personally, I've not had luck, but we don't do wbv so I don't really worry about it.

My sister has a 14 mon old and she has been going to Dr Ivansic (sp?). From what she told me the other day, he asked them on their inital visit about vaccinations, my sis said we definitely want to wait and still want to do more research. She said he hasn't brought them up again and that has been over a year. So to me, I think he may well qualify for those of us wanting a non vax delayed/selectie vax friendly ped. Again, he's not ours, but my sis's. However once our insuranve changes in August as long as she still has good things to say, I would like to go in for a checkup w/ him to have someone locally.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodearthmama View Post
My sister has a 14 mon old and she has been going to Dr Ivansic (sp?). From what she told me the other day, he asked them on their inital visit about vaccinations, my sis said we definitely want to wait and still want to do more research. She said he hasn't brought them up again and that has been over a year. So to me, I think he may well qualify for those of us wanting a non vax delayed/selectie vax friendly ped. Again, he's not ours, but my sis's. However once our insuranve changes in August as long as she still has good things to say, I would like to go in for a checkup w/ him to have someone locally.
I've taken my DS to Dr Ivancic in the past as well. On the intake form, I just wrote "delaying" where it asked which vaxes he had had. They never asked anything about it or suggested he get any. He only went a handful of times and hasn't been in over a year, though. We don't do well visits.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
We are also looking for a delayed vax friendly ped. We will be moving to the Tupelo area next month. Are older two are partially vaxed and the little one hasn't had any, though we are considering doing some after he turns 2.

When I looked up Dr. Ivancic I found two, but they have the same address and phone number so they must be in practice together. Anyone with experiences with either or both? We need foreskin friendly as well as delayed vax friendly (no retraction).

Christa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dr. Ivancic is in the practice that we use - North Mississippi Pediatrics. We have not seen him, but the others that we have seen have been pretty nice. At our first visit we were asked if we would be vaxing there. I told them no and we haven't been asked about it again
. Also they were super great about breastfeeding. Never any pressure to FF or start solid foods. I think they will also be foreskin friendly with no retraction if you make sure they know that.

Here is a list of all the ones in the practice.
* Jennifer L. Grisham, M.D.
* Thomas A. Ireland, M.D.
* M. Edward Ivancic, Jr., M.D.
* Amy S. Price, M.D.
* Charles R. Robertson, Jr., M.D.
* Van D. Stone III, M.D.
* Maria V. Valdez, M.D.
* Treny K. Emison, CPNP

We started out with this group from the beginning so I hope they will be just as nice to you if you use them when you move.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was referring to Ed Ivansic. Nikki is his daughter a newly out of school. His wife was the LLL leader for 20 or so years locally, so I can't imagine the 2 of them NOT being bf friendly. I know he is respectful of my sisters no vax decision and I would imagine he would be the same regarding on intact boy. My policy with that is there is no reason for them to touch there- no touch, no way to even think about retracting. But again, he seems to be very respectful f parents choices.

I hope you have better luck with his clinic than your previous experience!

·
Premium Member
42,757 Posts
Hello,

Please keep the forum guidelines in mind when posting.

Quote:
Positive healthcare provider reviews are welcome. Please use careful language when responding to or soliciting a review. We do not wish to host negative remarks or comments about practitioners, practices, hospitals or healthcare centers that might cast them in a negative light and which would present liability concerns for you and for Mothering. Negative comments that are verifiable facts of public record or court ruling are acceptable. Please avoid speculation and/or gossip. Please contact the provider or care center directly with any concerns or questions.

As an alternative to posting a negative review, members are welcome to use the Private Message (PM) system to convey information that might not be appropriate for the public boards. Posts or threads that cast healthcare providers, practices or centers in a negative light are not appropriate and will be removed.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1109796

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.