Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a web designer to help me make a family web site. I want something that I can post updates, pictures, things like that, that I can update myself.

:

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good idea, I have thought of that a little. the only thing is, I would like to have an original background/theme, and don't know how to do anything except use the templates provided with free blogs.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
what is your price range? you might want to price some of this stuff first to make sure you wanna go professional. it's usually 50-100$ and hour. which isn't bad if you want a great site!

of course this is a GREAT way to help out a small business! (like my husbands... *ahem* haha)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
what is your price range? you might want to price some of this stuff first to make sure you wanna go professional. it's usually 50-100$ and hour. which isn't bad if you want a great site!

of course this is a GREAT way to help out a small business! (like my husbands... *ahem* haha)

·
Registered
219 Posts
What is often a good idea is to start with an off-the-shelf program (Wordpress, etc), pick a theme that you like and add any plugins you want, then start adjusting it to your liking, e.g. change the theme, write some of your own plugins, etc, etc. I'm not sure if there are any good apps that have blog-like functionality and an image/document gallery built in, but you can link Wordpress to the equally awesome Gallery2 app to do some fun things like have random pictures show in sidebars, etc. Also, there's a great plugin for iPhoto on MacOSX that lets you export directly into Gallery2, i.e. no need to manually resize, upload, etc, it does it automagically and is yummy.

Good luck with the project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.