Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a mostly cotton, wool blend yarn that comes in a wide selection of solid colors and is pretty fine, like DK weight. I want to make squares for a baby blanket from 100 Afghan Squares. The plan right now is to work on it intermittently for the next few years and save it for my own baby

They recommend Rowan Wool/Cotton, but my LYS doesn't carry it. I love cotton but think having a little wool mixed in would make it warmer and sturdier, so I don't want to use the Rowan Handknit Cotton. I also need something with "brand staying power" since I will probably not be buying all the yarn at once.

Any suggestions?

~Devon

·
Registered
529 Posts
Cascade makes a cotton/wool (80/20%) blend called Sierra that comes in lots of yummy colors. I'm planning to use it for sweaters for the boys.

(I should order it so the sweaters are done before winter. I have a bag of soaker wool to knit up first, but it helps to have the materials at the ready when I want to start something.
)

I don't know your relationship with your LYS folks, but they should be able to order anything they don't carry. Mine doesn't have a cotton/wool blend but she'll order whatever I need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.