Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
The first pair I did was called Joan's Socks and I think its a popular pattern. I think its just about exactly the same as silvers. I've also done silvers and found it was a good sock pattern - nice and simple. I don't use DPN's though, I just replaced DPNs with two circs and prefer that (I taught myself that way, not using DPNs) Socks are pretty quick to knit so its pretty rewarding.

·
Registered
133 Posts
summer Interweave has a basic toe up sock pattern. It is by Ann Budd. She has charts you follow so pick the size and gauge and off you go.

Her Book of Patterns has a top down sock.

It is about as basic as you can get. You embellish as you wish.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
I dont' recommend the Knitting Socks book. I had it and the sizing of the pattern were off. I started doing gauge swatches because of it thinking it was me. Nope, its the patterns.

I the pattern they have in this book. You can get it cheaper if you want to buy it or you can check it out at the library (thats what I did). It's similar to Silvers sock in that it works with multiple gauges but I really liked this one over Silvers (don't ask me why...there is no logic).
I still have the pattern for that book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.