Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's our 7 yr anniversary on Monday. Of course, I'd like to spend it having a baby, but I can't be sure that's going to happen. Unfortunately, my addled brain is having a hard time coming up with any ideas of what to do! This would be the Sunday that Sam would see FIL, so DH and I theoretically have a day together. Last year we took an epic walk up around a lovely park in the Bronx. But I'm not sure what to do this year. A walk could be a good thing. I also told him we should get some red wine. But I want to do something kind of nice and surprise him and I just can't think of a thing! Help?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I am really not good at coming up with stuff to do, I usually agonize over it also.

I would think that doing something where you can really talk and relate would be best since you're about to have a baby. I usually do something like plan an outing to someplace beautiful, like a nature preserve or park that we haven't been to lately. And buy all kinds of yummy, 'special' food to snack on(your red wine would be great here!).

I don't think presents per se are that important, just time together and making memories.

Hope you enjoy your day together!! Be sure to take pictures of your hopefully 'last' anniversary together before you are parents to 2 little ones!

·
Registered
395 Posts
DH and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary last weekend. We decided to go shopping together and buy pictures and a valance for our kitchen. That was our gift, and it was fun picking stuff out together. We also went out to an authentic Middleastern restaraunt. It was very romantic. I just wanted to keep it simple. You could always make him something nice for desert like chocolate covered strawberries or cookies. If there is a lake/pond near you where they rent boats and the weather is nice you could have DH paddle you around the lake. Hopefully this is a little helpful. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.