Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 mo old has allergies to all formulas and is on donor breast milk from a milk bank. The problem is it is $3.25 per ounce so over $100 a day.<br>
I was able to get a grant for awhile but am no longer able to receive it. I am nursing her too but due to breast surgery I had many years ago where they cut thru my milk ducts am unable to provide %100 of her nutrition.<br>
I have someone in Bellingham that is going to try and pump but if you have frozen breast milk in your freezer that you are contemplating throwing out please contact me as the woman who is pumping for me most likely not have enough to feed her new born and mine.<br>
If you are willing to donate I would like a copy of STD report during pregnancy to protect my baby.<br>
Also must not be on any meds, smoke or drink.<br>
This truely would be a wonderful gift to my baby and me.<br>
Breast milk is such wonderful gold!!<br>
Please email me at <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> if you would like to help!<br>
Blessings,<br>
Michelle<br>
ps I would pay for any shipping involved thru Fedex and storage bags for the milk.here is a great website <a href="http://www.breastmilkdonations.com" target="_blank">www.breastmilkdonations.com</a>

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just wanted to say hi and let you know that Carson has cut down on his bottles a little so I am able to freeze a bag or so a day. I've got a little stash now but am adding to it daily so I might be able to get a few hundred ounces to you again soon.<br><br>
Jenn

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
You say a 2-month old with allergies? Are these allergies to anything the breastfeeding mother might be consuming? I wouldn't have milk again until August, but I'm just wondering, since I don't consume many of the common allergens that many babies are sensitive to.<br><br>
- Krista

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Krista,<br>
So far she hasn't shown much irritation to allergens in breast milk wich seems weird.<br>
The formula gave her blood in stool, vomiting and colic and when we put her on just breast milk she has been fine. When I consume large amounts of icecream Bad mama I know~ than she gets colic and once she had a tiny amount of blood in stool. But for the most part has been fine on bm. I don't know why she is not affected with dairy in breast milk. Perhaps maybe there is something in formula that she is allergic to and not necessarily dairy.<br>
The doctor wasn't surprised though that she is allergic to formula and not dairy in bm. It is common I guess.<br><br>
Jen,<br>
You are so wonderful bless your heart for donating to me. You are a one of a kind mama and friend!!!<br>
Love you<br><br>
Krista,<br>
Are you going to have a home birth? You are sooooo lucky!! I had all csections.<br>
I know this is off topic so you can reply to me at my email if you want.<br>
I want to hb sooooo bad.<br><br><br>
Blessings,<br>
Michelle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts