Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bethwl
Molly--I'm in Lincoln Square, too. Hoyne and Lawrence. Where do you live?

Beth
dd Annika 8.9.03
I'm in the NW corner of Lincoln Square really close to Swedish Covenant Hospital.

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama
The LLL enrichment meeting is a part of the Lincoln Park LLL group. The topics are not necessarily breastfeeding issues, but parenting-related topics.

Here is the info:

La Leche League Parenting Enrichment Series Meeting
first Wednesday of the month
at Berry Memorial Church 4754 N Leavitt from 10:00am-11:30am.

The schedule is as follows:
July 7, 2004 - Loving Guidance for Toddlers and Beyond
August 4, 2004 - Nurturing Ourselves as Mothers
September 8, 2004 - Nighttime Parenting and Sleeping Arrangements
October 6, 2004 -Organizational Skills for Families
November 3, 2004 - Sibling Rivalry
December 1, 2004 - Reducing Holiday Stress
Please mark you calendar.

The next regularly scheduled series meeting will be held July 20th at
St.Luke's Lutheran School at 1500 W Belmont from 7:00pm - 8:30pm.
I just found out about these meetings - I live like a1/2 mile from this church.
I'm definitely planning to go to the one in Sept.

I'm most likely going to start going to the North Park LLL meetings too.
I think I'm gonna need some support with nursing through my pregnancy.

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amys1st
For you Northsiders.. Is there aplace to go swimming that is affordable? My sil is in Rogers Park and the only way she can go swimming and not cost $$$ is to come out by me and make the day of it. Her daughter is the same age as Liz and they love to play together. My husband and his brother think its because of AP that they are such good girls. But still their daughter loves the pool and its a haul for her to come here.
Lots of the local parks have pools. I'm not sure which in Roger's Park do, but there's an outdoor and an indoor pool with in walking distance of my home.
And, um, there's always the lake, which is probably the biggest benefit to living in Roger's park.

· Registered
2,729 Posts
I never heard of Whelan pool. Where exactly is it??? On Devon and Ridge???? There wasn't a pool there when I was a kid - I grew up about a mile from there. I can't find any info about it anywhere.

Becca - you liked Swedish for your birth? How was the hospital staff other than the midwives? My insurance will only pay for Homefirst for a homebirth and Swedish is one of the Hospitals in their network. I haven't met with them yet, but that's a big plus to me because if I get transfered, I'll only transfer 3 blocks away!

Darkstar - I love fall camping! Let me know if you're planning something!

· Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd like to get together too, but I probably won't be able to until September.
We're going out of town for a couple of weeks in August and my 10 yo DS is going back to school for the 1st time in two years -we've been homeschooling.

Also, I'm limited to places that I can reach by public transportation, since I don't drive.

So, if you meet in August, I'll miss it, but count on me after that!

Also, hopefully I'll see some of you at the LLL meetings. I'm definitely gonna start going in the fall. I'm going to need someone to help me figure out nursing in a sling. I never got the hang of it when my DS was tiny. It wasn't a big deal then. I'd just take a break form my work and sit down to nurse then, but this time around I'll be chasing a three year old. I think I'm going to have to rely on the sling around the house a lot more this time!

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey Chicago mamas, don't forget tomorrow's LLL parenting series meeting at Berry Memorial Church in Lincoln Square. It's at 10 am and the topic is the family bed.

I'm going to get some advice on sleeping with a toddler and a newborn.
No idea how I'm gonna do that yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.