Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
758 Posts
I'm Kathleen - I live on the far NW side of the city (around Harlem & Foster). I have two kids - a 4 1/2 year old son and a 13 month old daughter. They are delightful (most of the time...)

We go to LLL meetings the third Tues of the month in North Park (Chicago am meeting) and the LLL enrichment meeting the first Wed of the month in Lincoln Square.

I have met several MDC moms in real life - they are all wonderful mamas. Hi Cindy!

Also, a shameless plug - I teach pre-natal yoga on Tues eve in Park Ridge, if you have any pregnant friends in the near west or NW suburbs or NW side of the city.

www.stretchyogastudio.com

· Registered
758 Posts
The LLL enrichment meeting is a part of the Lincoln Park LLL group. The topics are not necessarily breastfeeding issues, but parenting-related topics.

Here is the info:

La Leche League Parenting Enrichment Series Meeting
first Wednesday of the month
at Berry Memorial Church 4754 N Leavitt from 10:00am-11:30am.

The schedule is as follows:
July 7, 2004 - Loving Guidance for Toddlers and Beyond
August 4, 2004 - Nurturing Ourselves as Mothers
September 8, 2004 - Nighttime Parenting and Sleeping Arrangements
October 6, 2004 -Organizational Skills for Families
November 3, 2004 - Sibling Rivalry
December 1, 2004 - Reducing Holiday Stress
Please mark you calendar.

The next regularly scheduled series meeting will be held July 20th at
St.Luke's Lutheran School at 1500 W Belmont from 7:00pm - 8:30pm.

· Registered
758 Posts
I would be up for meeting someplace. Becca (Beccaboo) and I actually met IRL via the Mothering Boards. Becca, can you believe that was three years ago???

Lincoln Park Zoo is good for us. Or just a park. I suggest that we do something free. The zoo is free, but it cost $12 to park in the lot if you can't find a street spot. It seems that there is a mix of city and suburban people. Does anyone have a nice park they can suggest near major transporation (expressways)?

Tuesdays are mostly good for us (except LLL days). Thursdays are good after mid-August. Most afternoons after 2pm are very good, but I don't know if morning would be better for kids who nap. We could maybe do a M/W or Fri morning if I know the date far enough in advance...

Let me know.
Kathleen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.