Mothering Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

· Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Hi Nancy! Finally another Elizabeth! My daughter is Elizabeth but we call her Liz or Lizzie. She refers to herself as Lizzie.

DH and I are bring Liz down to the Latin Fest this coming weekend of the 28th. I am not sure when we are going as we usually go around a group we want to hear. But if anyone is interested we would love to meet some of the Chicago based mamas. The "burbs" already had a meetup and we would love to see the City counterparts!

· Registered
205 Posts
We are still searching for a doc. as well. I am going to look at that yahoo site...thanks! I'd be willing to go just about anywhere to find an accepting doc as well. I got a referral from someone at LLL but he doesn't start until October.

The Latin Fest sounds fun. I went a few years ago. Is there somewhere we could meet up there?

Jennifer

Katja and I are both available Wednesday the 25th at 10:00 for Lincoln Park zoo, anyone else? DJ Una...we could make it Thursday or Friday, instead.

· Registered
103 Posts
I think Thursday the 26th would be best for me, although Friday could work too. I haven't been to the Heartland but am always looking for new places to try. I like Caffe de Luca in Bucktown, too.
anywhere where street parking is an option is good for me.
as far as the zoo, I haven't checked the weather yet. Drew is too little to care about the zoo, but if it's nice we could check it out. I am leaning more towards a cafe, though. Jennifer, if you end up going to the zoo i could always meet you after or something. maybe around 11 or 12?
Nan i am going to pm you about your doc!

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Bummer that I didn't see the meet-ups! I used to live in Wheaton, we had our pictures taken in the park downtown w/ the fountain as well.

Anyhow, now we are in the Oak Park area. I found one mama from here, and we have been having some swell playdates w/ our boys.

I'll be watching for more updates!

· Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
MAmaTT: Where would be a good place in Oak Park for a meetup? That way the city as well as suburb can join.

We had our wedding pics taken by the fountain and Liz's 12 mo pics there as well. We of course did the 12 mo's pics by ourselves!

· Registered
1,587 Posts
Hmm....well if the weather is nice, there are a couple parks within walking distance of my place. One is a nice fenced tot lot, which is nice for being able to talk, since kids can't run in the street. It's not huge, though. There's a lot of stuff in the area--we are right downtown almost, just a few blocks from 290 (the harlem exit).

I haven't lived here forever, so if there's another mama near by, she might have better ideas.

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Hey Chicago mamas, don't forget tomorrow's LLL parenting series meeting at Berry Memorial Church in Lincoln Square. It's at 10 am and the topic is the family bed.

I'm going to get some advice on sleeping with a toddler and a newborn.
No idea how I'm gonna do that yet.

· Premium Member
10,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Hi molly!
A friend of mine is doing that right now. She has her newborn next to her and her two year old starts in her big girl bed but eventually ends up in their bed. Her daughter slept with her always.
Do you are a big bed? Another family I know have a king size bed that her kids slept with them in.

You could also do like my sil and bil. They have a extended bed along side their bed that my neice sleeps in. They saw she crawls over them to sleep with them sometimes when she wants to.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.