Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 2 C-sections; neither child was able to breastfeed. I believe I am still feeling these losses, but have been told to be thankful my children are healthy and to accept these situations. Would love to know of someone who deals with birth issues as a real loss and can help me work through these experiences.<br><br>
Any suggestions?<br><br>
Janet

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just wanted to say that you have every right to grieve the loss of your dream birth and breastfeeding experience. Of course we want healthy moms and babies, but that doesn't make everything A-OK. Its like if you are planning a trip to Hawaii and when the plane lands you find out that your in Wisconsin. Wisconsin is nice and all, but it is not where you want to go. You would be upset that you weren't in Hawaii. I think that people just don't know what to say to you. So I just wanted to say how sorry I am that things did not go the way you had planned! I don't have any local resources for you (because I am in WI) I would however like to give you the information for ICAN (International Ceserean Awarness Network) The website address is <a href="http://www.ican-online.org" target="_blank">www.ican-online.org</a> Good Luck. Jen

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jen:<br>
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me!<br>
You put it so well, I DO feel like I'm in Wisconsin (no disrespect to Wisconsin!). Believe me, I do know how lucky I am. I was unable to even consider having children until my early 40s, and then conceived 3 times (I miscarried one pregnancy in between my 2 boys). And I could almost accept the sections - I may be one of those rare women whose pelvis is just too narrow to birth vaginally (neither of my babes descended past -2 station). But the breastfeeding was devastating.<br><br>
I will contact ICANS, thanks.<br><br>
Janet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts