Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not for me. A friend of a friends. Babies are both presenting breech I have no idea how many weeks she is. Just a shout out to see if there anyone who will attend twin births on the Northshore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hipmummy View Post
Not for me. A friend of a friends. Babies are both presenting breech I have no idea how many weeks she is. Just a shout out to see if there anyone who will attend twin births on the Northshore.
You know what I wonder- two things- have they tried any accupuncture-my friend's sister just at age 44 delivered a healthy boy who she conceived on her own- and she had a breech presentation- she tried accupuncture with moxibustion and the baby flipped! I just thought I would post that- also has she looked at spinning babies?

Just a thought...... screen your hb midwife very carefully sometimes hb mdws who do take breech- twins etc. are not cautious- muy importante!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I agree w/ PP regarding screening any midwives very carefully...one way to tell a midwife is good is if you feel like she is screening you carefully when considering doing twins..like how much expereince she has with twins and breeches, is the mom a first timer or has she had a vaginal delivery? What do the parents know about risks/benifits with homebirth twins...I would also just stick with CPM's at this point as you know they have a good basline of knowledge and are up to date.

I would recommend they call Sue Smith www.massmidwives.org , as she has some good expereience with twin deliveries and breeches...when I have them, and the situation is right, I ask her to join me.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yes, I don't know if Sue is within range but I know she delivers twins and breech. She is an amazing midwife with many years experience.
She knew my ds's hand was up by his head before he was born and she never did an internal during labor. She really knows what she's doing.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone. I do not know this woman but I do think it is her first pregnancy. My friend told me she is not even sur eif they are breech she just wants someone progressive enough to take on the challenge of twins and the possiblity of a breech birth. But, I as a doula agree with all of the PP's on various Levels. I will share all of this with her.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindi22 View Post
www.icpa4kids.org - recommend that she find a chiro who knows the Webster technique - great success in helping babies get into best possible birthing position!
I second this ...it is something like 97% effective 2 or 3 treatments
good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts