Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I actually don't knit but I have someone who wants to knit and then felt a diaper bag for me as a new baby gift. Anyone know of any good patterns? Free or not-doesn't matter, she just requested a pattern. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I used a messenger bag pattern on knitty. It's really big and holds lots of diapers and extra clothes.

I would do a search for felted messenger bags. I know that there are at least a handful that would work as diaper bags!

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Has anyone knit the Heidi tote from Black Sheep Bags? Is that big enough for a diaper bag? I'm thinking about knitting that for myself!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by frogger
I used a messenger bag pattern on knitty. It's really big and holds lots of diapers and extra clothes.

I would do a search for felted messenger bags. I know that there are at least a handful that would work as diaper bags!
that sounds perfect, messenger bags are my favorite style. But what is "knitty"?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amey
There's one in KNitting for Baby by Melanie Falick. I considered it for myself, but the prospect of all that seed stitch made me a little
: your mileage may vary

~amey
I don't really know much about knitting so I hope I don't end up asking too much of someone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.