Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm looking for a midwife in Seattle . I really want someone who will not send me to the hospital with out a really good reason and who would go with me to the hospital or find someone who could if there is a need before birth . I really want someone who will follow though the who pregnacy even if I end up needing a hospital birth .</p>
<p>I'm thinking of doing double care paying out of pocket for a LM and also seeing a hospital midwife group who could bill insurance</p>
<p>any suggestions who do you like and why</p>

·
Registered
156 Posts
<p>I am using Midwife Seattle, which is a practice of 1 CNM and 2 LM's.  They do hospital, birth center, and homebirths, you are assigned 2 of the midwives who alternate prenatal appointments and if you hadn't decided where to birth yet you wouldn't even have to decide before you started care.  All hospital transfers go to the CNM who has privileges at group health on capitol hill, which has one of the best reps for ncb in seattle.  They are definitely not medicalized, but they do have limits for hb that are more on the conservative side (only hospital vbacs, no twins...).  They can bill many insurance companies, for example I am on Group health and since they are out of network I can get 60% covered (instead of 80) but I also have medicaid as secondary which will pay the rest.  I really love my midwives!</p>
<p>Their website is <a href="http://www.midwifeseattle.com" target="_blank">www.midwifeseattle.com</a></p>
<p>I have also have heard really good things about Suzanne Thomson (who does do hbacs).</p>
<p>Good luck finding the right midwife!</p>

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
<p>I'm currently using Dr. Brandy Ross as my midwife.  (She is a naturopathic midwife.)  I'm very pleased so far.  I also really liked Suzanne Thomson, and have heard lots of good things about her.  I encourage you to check the Finding Your Tribe Forum for more recommendations. </p>

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<p>I know you're looking for a HB midwife, but my sister had both her kids in Seattle with the midwives at Group Health.  She was really thrilled with the experience - they were 100% supportive of an intervention free birth and really advocated for her, esp. during her first birth that involved some odd baby positioning (read: 6+ hours of pushing, vacuum, and finally, a vaginal birth).  If you're looking for a hospital-based group as a backup, I'd suggest this one based on her experience.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts