Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal: WE'RE MOVING! DH got transfered to southern Georgia & I am beyond thrilled! Now that that's out of my system, here's what I am wondering, given that we're on the move. Right now we are in a 3 bedroom home. (Anyone want to buy in western NC?
: ) The house we're moving to is also a 3 bedroom. Currently we have our bed in one & sleep with our 4 month old. In another room (boy's rm.) there's a bunk bed where DS1 & DD1 sleep together & DS2 sleeps on the top. (He's the only one not scared of sleeping up there...
) In the other bedroom the girls each have a bed that noone ever sleeps in. The 3 big kids slept with us till the babe came & then started this arrangement. I would still have them in bed with us but we have a queen sized bed & 6...? Um, no. No room. Here's the idea I have been toying around with for the new place - one bedroom with all the beds. Nothing else, not that there would be room for anything else with all that in there. 2nd bedroom - toys/play room. 3rd bedroom - all our dressers (we have ALOT) and ironing board, changing table/diapers, etc. A dressing room more or less. Has anyone done this? Good idea/bad ida? Why? I have shared the idea with DH & he thinks it's a great idea & the kids REALLY love the idea...just wondering what you all think...? Can you see any drawbacks I may not be thinking of?
TIA!

·
Premium Member
16,735 Posts
That is a GREAT idea. I've always wanted a br made JUST for sleeping, nothing else (well, except, ahem) I can't think of any drawbacks. You'd clear up room in the rest of the house, how perfect

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedK
You'd clear up room in the rest of the house, how perfect

Ahhh...you're on to me! That HAD crossed my mind, too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That's how we did it.

We have a queen and a full side by side on the floor, which takes up the whole entire bedroom and gives four of us plenty of room.

Then, each of my kids have their "own" room, with a little kid foam sofa for relaxing/playing, as well as some toys.

It's working well for us, but I think I am going to try and fit a bed in each of their rooms this fall, as it would be nice for them to know they have the option of sleeping in their own room at some point. We are also going to be selling our house and I feel like I need to make them look more like official bedrooms.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's why each of mine have their own beds now. I think cosleeping is important but realize not all children will love the idea. I want them to always have their own bed. I still think I'm gunn'a go for one bedroom though. If any of them decide they want their own bedroom we can just rearrange!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts