Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family is looking for a competent, open-minded family practice doctor in the South Bay or lower Peninsula. We already have an "alternative" practitioner (traditional Chinese medicine) who can take care of most of what ails us, so we just need someone who can act as a primary care provider for the mainstream medical system when needed. I've heard many good things about the PAMF Los Altos family practice doctors, but, according to the web site, they're all closed to new patients. There's one with an open practice at PAMF Palo Alto -- Sherry Huang -- but I can't find anything about her specifically.

Gentlebirth.org recommends the Stanford family practice group, but, again, most of the specific doctors mentioned on the site aren't taking new patients. The ones with open practices are: Archana Dubey, Joseph Hopkins, Rika Bajra, Eunice Sanchez-Mata, and Erika Schillinger.

Your comments on any of the above... or anyone else who comes to mind... would be much appreciated.

In case we can't find a suitable FP doctor in the near future, I'd also be grateful for any comments on the following pediatricians:

Dr. Peter Contini in San Jose
Dr. Stuart Pearlman in Los Gatos
Dr. Rekha Manghnani in San Jose (or Los Gatos? Or Mountain View? A Google search turned up about a bazillion sets of contact info.
)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
if it's possible to drive to Berkeley/Oakland, search this forum for Dr Perlman and you may find it worth the time!

·
Registered
134 Posts
For a pediatrician try Karli Cleary at the Menlo Clinic in Menlo Park. She's a D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) and very open to AP and alternative med.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.