Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm a freelance writer here in Rhode Island, and I'm working on a potential story for Rhode Island Monthly magazine on single moms by choice. I'm hoping to interview some moms in the state and region who are at various stages of being, becoming, or thinking of becoming a single mom by choice, and I'm wondering if anyone here would be willing to speak to me. Ideally, I would love to follow the story of a woman who is pregnant now and speak to her before giving birth and afterward. But I also think it's important to get the stories of women who have older children and those who are still at the contemplation stage. Would anyone here be willing to speak with me, or does anyone here know someone who might be?<br><br>
If anyone here is interested in speaking to me more about the article, I'm happy to talk to her off the record first to answer any questions or address any concerns she has about telling her stories to me. I know that the decision to become a mom is a deeply personal one and that many women might understandably be a bit reticent about "going public." I'm a mother myself, and while my family "looks" traditional at first glance, I am certainly sympathetic to all the ups and downs of parenthood and understand that a family can take many different forms. So please know that my intention is only to tell a mother's story as truthfully as possible, not to sensationalize or demonize her choice.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, please forgive me if this post violates any Mothering.com posting policies. I looked and couldn't find them. Mothering.com has been a great resource to me, and I certainly don't mean to offend anyone or intrude.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>O'rya Hyde-Keller</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] as well)</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts