Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned this book the other day and I really loved the idea they mentioned (picking one animal everyday to learn about).

Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of Animals
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/075...lance&n=283155

While looking I also came across this one...

The Kingfisher First Animal Encyclopedia

Silly question but... Does anyone know if there is any difference between the two besides the name and type of cover?

Also has anyone seen this one and have any opinions on it?

The Kingfisher First Human Body Encyclopedia

TIA for any help!

·
Registered
11,576 Posts
First Animal Encyclopedia is more basic than the First Encyclopedia of Animals -- but they really should have gone for names that are more different!

Our whole family really likes Kingfisher books. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. They are reference books that are engaging enough to just sit down and read.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I agree that the Kingfisher books are really nice. Check www.overstock.com for better prices! Sometimes even with their $2.95 flat shipping it's still cheaper than amazon w/ free shipping. I've bought tons of my reference type books at overstock because they are always cheaper than amazon!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!! I'm happy everyone likes these books. I never would have thought of Overstock. I buy movies there but I forget they have books as well! I just always order from Amazon and buy $25 worth to get free shipping! LOL! Off to look...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did run across that one. It looked good too! I think I'm sticking with the other one bc......

I was searching around last night and I found the Kingfisher one on bookcloseouts.com for only $4.99!!! I'm so happy! So I'm planning on a big order there instead of Overstock or Amazon bc they have lots of CHEAP workbooks and we love workbooks!

In case anyone is interested...Here's a coupon for Book Closeouts
$5 off when you spend $35 or more code: castle password: bookcloseouts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Witchy*AP*Mama
I did run across that one. It looked good too! I think I'm sticking with the other one bc......

I was searching around last night and I found the Kingfisher one on bookcloseouts.com for only $4.99!!! I'm so happy! So I'm planning on a big order there instead of Overstock or Amazon bc they have lots of CHEAP workbooks and we love workbooks!

In case anyone is interested...Here's a coupon for Book Closeouts
$5 off when you spend $35 or more code: castle password: bookcloseouts
Okay...admitting...I've never looked at Book Closeouts!

Don't blame you...for $4.99! They don't eat you up on shipping do they? That's where you've got to be careful with Amazon.

Happy Animal Learning...we are doing WinterPromise Animals and Their Worlds...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.