Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sewing machine, can sew a little, but almost no patience. And have specific ideas on how I want the diapers to fit. In reality I'd like to pay someone to make cotton AIO's for me

I CD'd my first dd and after 10 months switched to sposies after an extended Europe trip, oh well. I sold my stash, but now I want to CD again for my baby due in March.
I liked the snaps of the FuzziBuns (but they seemed to retain smell more than cotton) and the soft cotton feel of these canadian AIO, I can't remember the name right now. They had velcro closures which snagged everything in the laundry.
I also used prefolds with plastic covers for a while which made a HUGE bum on my little dd
, but they seemed so complex and I always lost those stupid triangular snaps.
Anyhow, what would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Proraps makes an AIO that you can order with snaps, it's really just a prefold that's cut to contour between the legs and sewn into a PUL cover. And there used to be a site that gave instructions on how to make your own prefolds into AIOs, but I can't find the site. Maybe someone else has a link to that.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You might be suprised at how easy diapers are to sew once you get the elastic down. I have a tutorial for that in my sig. There are TONS of WAHMs who make diapers and many will customize them for you...
You could buy a few dipes from differnt WAHMs (if you go that route) and see what you like best.
Good luck!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
love2be mom,
that sounds pretty interesting, precut materials! I'll have to follow up with you on this!
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts