Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
All Bout Children Pediatrics in St Charles are absolutely fabulous. The office staff, nurses, peds, everyone. We have had fantastic luck with the peds there. The communication level is outstanding, the time spent with you and your child is great.

I have never once not been able to bring my daughter in. If I call to make an appointment, an appointment is made. No wait and see, no questioning why I wish to bring her in. My daughters' ped totally trusts my instincts as a parent. She's fantastic. I've never had to wait more than an hour for a call back from a nurse when I have a question. Nor have I ever had to wait more than 10 minutes for a call back from the ped in the middle of the night.

We've seen every doc in the practice due to multiple ear/nose/throat issues and I can honestly say each one of them are great. It's due to the ear/nose/throat issues that I know so much about the practice and can say the previous things I've said above.
Also, every referral they've given me (for said issues) has been fantastic. The communication level is outstanding.

I could not be happier with the care my child has received there. I cannot recommend them enough.

Also, I wanted to add that I've never heard a negative word about co-sleeping, delaying solids, extended BF etc. Plus their bedside manner is very gentle and friendly.

They speak with you knowing that you know your child best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's nice to see some other mom's on this board from the tri-cities area. I grew up in St. Charles and moved to South Elgin a couple of years ago.

We go to Dr. Masood who has two offices...Briarwood Peds in South Elgin and Campton Peds in STC. She is our second ped. I switched to her when my DD was 2 months old and I have been very happy. She has been very supportive/encouraging of bf, vegetarianism, homeopathic approaches. When my daughter has been sick, she has suggested cosleeping. She is very thorough and cautious, which is important to me as a first time mom, but she also seems to take a more natural approach and avoids medcations unless absolutely necessary. I've talked to several other parents who take their kids to her and they have all spoken of her positively.

I'm not sure if Dr. Masood is planning to add additional doctors to her practce, but I grew up going to a solo practitioner ped and I really appreciate the relationship that you build with a doctor in a solo practice. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Scoodlebug...nice to hear that you are my neighbor!

A little off topic, but do either of you have an ob/gyn or midwife who is affliated with Delnor that you are happy with? My DD was delivered at Sherman in Elgin, but I want to switch to someone affliated with Delnor before we start planning for #2. I haven't found anyone yet that I am crazy about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know you didnt ask me but....

Dr Mills was delivering at Delnor- she is wonderful. She delivered my son at mercy provina last summer but she also delivered at delnor (not sure if she still does) Carolyn N. Mills, MD
Fox Valley Women's Health Partners
1315 N. Highland Ave., Suite #104
Aurora IL 60506
630/897-6044
Stay away from DR Wang in her office though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMJ
Thanks RothMommy! Actually, one of my former co-workers (who just delivered at Delnor a couple of weeks ago) is a patient of hers and always spoke highly of her.

She is a very busy doctor! When I was pregnant with my 3rd I found out she was the ob for 3 of my neighbors and I was constantly running into pregnant mamas out and about that once we got talking we realized she was their doctor too. She is really great. I had moved here with no ob and had an emergency 1st trimester and she took me the day I contacted her as a new patient and treated me wonderfully. She was more resistant to induce me than i was which is rare for most obs. she is anti episiotomy (bless her) and just very understanding and compassionate.
Back to the topic of peds I go to the Dryer clinic and they are WONDERFUL- they are pretty by the book with most stuff (feeding-formula/CIO/vac's/non-co-sleeping) but I ignore what I think is bs and just take care of my kids my way...but medically they have been wonderful. We were going to a horrible office (prime care medical in Montgomery - doctor tzanitikos (s?) avoid at all costs!!!) and had some serious concerns with my youngest son.... dryer got us in the day we contacted them for a 2nd opinion and were wonderful with us and became our family doctors office. It's in Oswego but I think they have clinics all over this area. I have not had even a slightly negative experience since we switched to them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A friend of mine delivered with Dr Mills at Delnor as well. She was very pleased with her care. Her son was a preemie and she had a high risk pregnancy with bed rest etc. She has nothing but good things to say about Dr Mills.

I delivered at Sherman as well with a midwife for my first and will do so again with this baby. I love my midwife so much that I can't imagine switching her.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just thought that I would post a quick update regarding vax issues with Dr. Masood. I called today to make my daughters 12 month appointment and was asking the receptionist some questions regarding vaccines at the 12 month mark (we have been vaccinating and probably will continue to do so, but I had some questions about timing, etc.). From my conversation with the receptionist, it sounds like they are open to delaying and not vaccinating. She basically said that it was the parents choice to vaccinate and that they have a waiver for patients to sign who deny the vaccines. Just thought that I would add this in case anyone wanted to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts