Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in Tucson but have family in Phoenix area and Flagstaff so we could pick up a bike in any of those areas. We built a balance bike for our son when he was 29 months, but I'd love to get a Strider brand for our toddler while she's still small (It would be just so gosh darn cute to see her on a balance bike.) I really don't want to pay full price so I'm wondering if anyone out there has a used one for sale.<br><br>
For anyone who hasn't heard about balance bikes, they're great. Your child sits on the bike seat with feet flat on the ground. There's no pedal, cranks, or chain. You give it to them (maybe watch a demo on youtube as we did) and they figure out how to balance the bike on their own. Within 5 weeks of getting his (and he didn't ride it that often) our son could ride down the grassy hills nearby. (30 months of age.) Once our son had figured that out, we bought him a 12" bike but it came with the training wheels on. He refused to let us take them off. However, he did ask to have the pedals put back on his balance bike a few months ago. Then he refused to ride it. We didn't push and a week and a half ago he got on the bike and pedaled it across the patio. He is now a two wheel rider and he does really well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts