Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sooo excited! I got a VitaMix for my birthday and it just arrived yesterday. I looked through the recipe book that came with it, and there are some great recipes in there, but not all are very healthy (lots of them have added sugar). So I was hoping some of you would like to share your favorite recipes, especially the non-smoothie ones (smoothies are pretty easy). Thanks!<br><br>
Kelly

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Congratulations! I got a VM a few months ago and I love it. I use it at least once a day, usually 2-3 times.<br><br>
Mostly I use mine to make juice/smoothies. I make them pretty thin, and mostly just fruit, vegetables, and ice or water, so they're more like juice than smoothies.<br><br>
I really like to make soups too. On the website is a recipe for a creamy potato soup that is delicious. I also like to put in a can of diced or stewed tomatoes, a carrot, a celery stalk, a wedge of onion, some tabasco, worcestershire, salt and pepper, and make a V-8 style juice/soup. Other veggies if you have 'em. It's so cool the way it heats up soup, so it's basically raw but tastes great.<br><br>
Do you have the whole grains cookbook too? The whole-wheat bread is fantastic -- I make that several times a week.<br><br>
Enjoy your VitaMix!<br>
~Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts