Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a bedroom available short term (about a year) in our east-side indianapolis home.

it means shared bath and kitchen with our nuclear-looking family: 34 yr old daddy (who is seldom around), 26 yr old radical mama me, and our two sweet babies, who are barely babies anymore, an almost four year old daughter and an almost three year old son.

when i was a single mama to my oldest, i payed way too much in rent and isolation to live in a studio apartment. it was insane. looking back, my child and i would have deeply benefitted from a shared living arrangement with a like-minded family. i believe this could be a really wonderful arrangement for a single mother of one child(and of course, us!). we are looking to meet several times, make friends, and work with you on what is a reasonable amount of rent. then we're free to help each other out in whatever ways we see fit!

thank you for reading and sharing with anyone you think would be interested!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hey Q! Check out craigslist! I saw a lady looking for a place to go, fleeing an abusive situation. I wrote to her and she found a place already but I saw another one not too long ago too, similar. You might check out there and see if anyone is needing ahome. Or when I leave my stupid @ss husband, can I come live with you? (j/k I have more than one child!)
Hope you find someone!

Namaste, Tara

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
sYeah, it only says if you are renting to someone, like as a landlord, but not on the property. It says it more articulately than that. Lots of ads will say "female student seeking female roomate", that type of thing
I think its a good idea...to keep some landlord from discriminating against people based on being prejudiced (to race, income, what have you)

Namaste, Tara

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Anne, I don't have your email I don't think, but wanted to let you know that I picked up a phone number at the abbey the other day from a flier of an anarchist couple into bikes and animal rights who were looking for a room in a group house. Sounded like it might be your kind of thing

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks cassidy, i actually don't think it'd go over as well with four adults and two kids as it would with three adults and three kids, if that makes ANY sense.

although if you want to bring the number on wednesday, my interest just might be piqued enough to give them a call and see what THEY think...hmmmm.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hrm..I think I'd rather have a mama and babe. But that's just cuz I'd rather help out a fellow mama
(plus a fellow mama is less likely to be unhappy with my children than two adults, I'd think) Sorry, I'm just bein nosey

Namaste, Tara

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.