Mothering Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up still pregnant with no contractions in sight. I guess this little one is waiting for June. Anyone else?

·
Registered
344 Posts
LoL Yes me too :grin:
I went to 42 weeks last time, so I am not surprised. I am hoping this week rather than next week as the suspense in not knowing what day is a bit much.

Today's to do list: finish planting garden, laundry, and finish a photo book I have a coupon for that's expiring today.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the longest i have gone is 41 weeks so at 41+1, it looks like baby #4 wins the record! your list sounds fun! we have been really busy so maybe a day of rest is what i need :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
My period date is a bit of a guess. I returned from a road trip Aug 20 and know it was sometime prob in the next week or so after I got home. So all along i have said very end of May- first week in June, and I guess if I go over later than that that's ok too.

I was measuring ahead a week -2 weeks quite a bit this pregnancy so I was hoping that would mean I would go close to 40 weeks, instead of 42, but I guess it doesn't really matter too much. I chose not to do an US so I am fine waiting for baby to come when its ready to be born :) All that being said I do think I am very close.

How about you?

I have been home the past week from working early mornings and loving my extra sleep. My oldest daughter (16) has final tests on Tues and Wed this week and than is out of school Wed at noon. She is hoping I wait until after all that so she is not distracted, lol!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Nursemom, my fourth was my longest too (42+3) at 6 days later than any of my others. It was rough..! I have my fingers crossed for your sake that you baby comes soon!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was suspicious of my due date based on my period because we were being pretty careful to avoid pregnancy :wink: so I had my first early us and it pushed my dd back 2 weeks so i must have ovulated the day before i was expecting my period. I think we are still shocked lol. My last birth was an amazing pain free home water birth but this time I have to go to the hospital for some bp and other issues. I'm a little nervous about that and possible interventions so I'm trying to find ways to relax about that.

I was following you Abra and Judy when you were both waiting to deliver! i know it will happen soon. Im pretty calm about it for now.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Nurse, I suspect you have a 42 week cutoff?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nursemom, I think I'm on Team June, but it's hard to tell... I have had mild contractions since 3:30 a.m. And I started spotting this a.m. too. Then, just now, in the bathroom, I think I lost my mucus plug. Even though this is Baby #3 , that was new to me-either it came out in bits or I just missed it altogether in#1&2. As an aside, can someone confirm that it can be normal for it to look pretty dark red? I was surprised by how much it looked like a blood clot! This makes me nervous as I had a partial abruption of the placenta with DS2 so I worry about seeing anything the color of dark blood...

Anyhow, in general, everything has been so mild, it's hard to say when this baby will come!

The funny thing is this-my boys made a bet with DH and me--they bet it'll be a May baby and we guessed June. I'm still feeling we'll win the bet.

Reactions: RonnaLeigh

·
Registered
383 Posts
ihathi - Sounds like your labor is starting similar to mine - a bit of spotting and then lost my plug a few hours later. My plug was dark reddish/brownish. And my labor was super mild right until the very end so I'm hoping that you'll have that as well!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I totally thought I would be in the June club as well! It's weird to think that I was still expecting to be pregnant right now. So much for my plans! I am thinking of you all and wishing you smooth labors and deliveries!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck ihathi!
I think I have a 42 week cutoff. However I was chatting with a woman who used the same midwife and she went until 43 weeks. I will be 42 weeks on Saturday so not sure if they will wait until the week after or not.

Reactions: ihathi

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My labors have been so quick too. With my third I didn't have any pain and had no idea I was close until the midwife looked and saw his head. I had just enough time to jump in the pool before he came out. He was 9lbs4oz and super easy to deliver. The hospital is 35-40 min away. I just hope I make it!

Reactions: ihathi

·
Registered
337 Posts
ihathi - Sounds like your labor is starting similar to mine - a bit of spotting and then lost my plug a few hours later. My plug was dark reddish/brownish. And my labor was super mild right until the very end so I'm hoping that you'll have that as well!

@MLog, it gave me chills to re-read this comment from you just now. I remember reading it on Sunday and thinking, "Gosh, I hope it can happen like that!" And, then, as it turned out, things stayed super low-key until about midnight when the contractions finally started to get stronger and closer together... We checked into the hospital at 1:00 and things moved so fast they couldn't finish getting baseline readings before I was in transition and then the midwife didn't get a chance to check me before I was pushing. We were in shock for a while afterwards... We felt so fresh--I couldn't believe that it was already over!

Oh, and hooray for June babies! @RonnaLeigh, any updates?

·
Registered
383 Posts
@MLog , it gave me chills to re-read this comment from you just now. I remember reading it on Sunday and thinking, "Gosh, I hope it can happen like that!" And, then, as it turned out, things stayed super low-key until about midnight when the contractions finally started to get stronger and closer together... We checked into the hospital at 1:00 and things moved so fast they couldn't finish getting baseline readings before I was in transition and then the midwife didn't get a chance to check me before I was pushing. We were in shock for a while afterwards... We felt so fresh--I couldn't believe that it was already over!

Oh, and hooray for June babies! @RonnaLeigh , any updates?
I'm so glad it went smoothly and quickly for you! We were in shock too afterwards - there was no time to process while it was happening!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks, MLOg and katydid09! RonnaLeigh, You're in my thoughts... Can't be long now!

Reactions: RonnaLeigh

·
Registered
344 Posts
Baby was born on 6/4 I moved over to the Facebook page since posting from my phone to facebook was possible. Everyone uses real names on facebook so I am a bit confused on who's who, are you there too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts