Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when it was all starting to feel real.... I'm so sad.

I had some small spotting night before last at bed time, but by morning it was brown, and then gone. We went to Home Depot, was walking around, when I felt myself bleeding heavily. After we got home I rested, but the heavy bleeding and then cramping got worse. I haven't been to the doctor yet, I figured I'll just keep the appointment I have for next week. I'm having less cramping and bleeding today- maybe it's all over.

I wish I could make it to the second trimester- I made it to 10w4d this time. So frustrating! If any of you who have struggled like this have advice about what I can do to increase my odds next time (should there be a next time) please give it to me! I want to know if I should go see an RE, if so what would they do? and about nutrition relating to fertility.

We have 2 beautiful children who were born full term and are fabulous, so I think we should be able to have another, but I'm really beginning to doubt it, and I'm 35 already.

Thanks for "listening."

·
Registered
512 Posts
I agree, you should get checked out right away, waiting a week would be torture. Then again, you know your body best. I've had 3 m/c's.

As for advice about what to do, your OB can probably run some tests. I know that blood clotting disorders can lead to m/c. I haven't been tested for anything b/c I haven't had insurance since July (m/c's #2&3 happened this summer). Also part of me is afraid to know.

(((Big hugs)))

·
Registered
512 Posts
Also, forgot to add on my last post, it would seem like you'd have more than one day of heavy bleeding if it was a m/c, especially this far along. My last m/c was at 5 weeks and I bled for 12 days, the first 4 were super heavy. Not all of my m/c's were like that, but they were all at least the equivalent of a heavy AF.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, I just really hope it's something else.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, everyone. Rachael's mommy: I also am not convinced I've had enough bleeding to be complete, although the typical pattern for my miscarriages is that it either takes a long time to be complete, or I need to take cytotec. Ugh!

I'd love to believe that everything is ok, and maybe it is. I just doubt it with all the cramping.

Critty: I don't know anything about hematomas, but I'll check it out.

I think I'll see about going in tomorrow. Thanks again, everyone. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am sorry. Though I have not gone through this personally, my aunt had three miscarriages after her fifth child--one rather late in her second trimester. I am not sure what she did, but she worked with an OB, and gave birth to her 6th child at home, just shy of her 40th birthday.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Oh, mama. I'm so sorry! My fertility and pg issues didn't start until after we had 2 healthy kids easily. Isn't it weird? How did we "break" all of a sudden?

I really hope this is just a weird bleeding thing and not another loss for you.

Please know that we are thinking of you and hoping to hear good news after you get checked out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.