Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was making DD a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch today, and decided to have one myself. While I was spreading the peanut butter, my eye happened on the fresh jalapenos I had just picked out of my garden. For just a second I thought of slicing one up and eating it with the peanut butter in a sandwich (no jelly).

Thankfully, the urge was fleeting, and I didn't act on it!

That's the first time in both pregnancies that I have craved anything really bizarre.

Anyone else eating (or thinking about eating) anything weird?

· Registered
895 Posts
Wow, that is a good one! Jalapenos...if you give in to that one I'd love to know how it tastes.

No real cravings here at all. Surprisingly!

· Registered
5,516 Posts
Nothing. I've not felt real good (m/s and acid reflux) over the last week or two, so I've just been sticking with my trusty foods that never give me problems. Food aversions are as bad as ever right now. I hope to crave something again soon! I was on a nectarine kick, but then got a few bad ones and that's over. I was on an omelette kick, but put things in it twice that caused either the m/s or acid reflux to get worse. I'm still eating scrambled eggs every day just to get in some protein, but not craving/enjoying them like I was before. Sorry for the downer post. I'll be back with craving soon I hope! And what a crazy craving, do report back if you give in, it's not the worst thing in the world that I've heard of!

· Registered
1,874 Posts
I ma still really craving dairy, which is a bummer since I am slightly allergic, I have been eating more of it though (always fermented which helps) but nothing really weird.. is eating a whole lemon weird?? I've done that a few times..

· Registered
2,709 Posts
I can't think of anything in particular that I crave. I'm hungry all. the. time.

I eat a lot of peanut butter. I also have a bowl of cereal almost every night (raisin bran).

· Registered
1,350 Posts
Unfortunately, I am really craving Coke, which I will not allow myself to have when I'm pregnant. Whole Foods has a great natural cola that is caffeine- and icky stuff-free, but the nearest store is like an hour away. I'm getting really close to making the drive...

· Registered
5,516 Posts
I craved Coke for awhile about a month back, but I really can't have it, it will upset my acid reflux quite badly. I tried just 1 oz. at one point to try to get rid of the craving and even that amount upset my acid reflux pretty bad. And the 1 oz. didn't get rid of my craving. I craved it bad for like a month, but it eventually went away.

· Registered
6,549 Posts
I am craving lemonade and Taco Bell Double Decker Tacos.....
not so good for you eh? But thats my truth so.....I have been really great about my water intake so I am not going to let the lemonade thing ruin me....although Nantucket Nectars makes one with no high fructose corn syrup thats really good.

· Registered
554 Posts
I occasionally get cravings for cake. It was chocolate cake for a long time, then I had some and the craving sort of went away. Lately it's been carrot cake. The funny thing is, I don't really like cake, normally. I much prefer cookies.

Yesterday we were at a street fair and I saw a woman eating a giant pickle and I immediately had to have one. It was delicious!

· Registered
874 Posts
I'm still craving greens--salads with olive oil and lemon juice, dandelion greens etc.

I have a very mad craving for beef, which I think is partially rooted in anemia (not to mention the shaved ice treats). I tend to get very anemic and am in the process of upping my iron right now, but I've been craving steaks and burgers. I can't do a fast-food burger though. It has to be a real burger or I get grossed out.

Oh, and add me to the peach brigade in the other thread!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.