Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I posted this elsewhere, but am really wondering.....

dd's tooth(she is 4 1/2) top middle, is slightly loose and a bit off colored as of today. Is it ready to fall out? And furthermore...is there a correlation between nutrition( I mean, I am sure there has to be) and losing baby teeth? Is it good to lose it this young? Will she most likely lose it?
I seriously have not been here before. A whole new world awaits me.
I mean, I really have to go sew that tooth fairy pillow now.
Any help appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Maybe it got a hard knock. That can cause a tooth to loosen temporarily (unless it's a really hard knock, then it can be permanently loosened), and darken, also temporarily. If the damage isn't bad, it usually heals, tightens back up and loses the darker color (this happened to a friend's child, her dentist described the discoloration as the tooth being bruised inside, it went away). Usually the bottom front 2 teeth come out before the top ones, but not always. I've never noticed any discoloration with my son's teeth when he's had a loose one, even when it's hanging by a thread it's still white. 4 1/2 is early, but I lost my first baby tooth (a bottom one) before I turned 5, and my son lost his first (also bottom) just after he turned 5.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come to think of it, I think she may have hurt her tooth yesterday at the park. She was crying a lot and wouldn't tell me where it hurt. Here's to hoping it either does come out or tightens back up! It seems like the knock may have sped things up if it was going to come out.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Just anecdotal, but my ds#2 tripped at my mom's house one day and knocked his mouth/upper tooth *very* hard into the edge of her coffee table. (There is still a mark on the table.
) Anyways ... it was loose and grey for quite a while. But, now, one year later, you wouldn't be able to tell there was any damage (his gum was very damaged too ... we were afraid the roots got damaged too, and were afraid for a while of his permanent tooth). We just kept up with the raw milk and cod liver oil and butter and I believe that helped completely heal it all up.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Just anecdotal, but my ds#2 tripped at my mom's house one day and knocked his mouth/upper tooth *very* hard into the edge of her coffee table. (There is still a mark on the table.
) Anyways ... it was loose and grey for quite a while. But, now, one year later, you wouldn't be able to tell there was any damage (his gum was very damaged too ... we were afraid the roots got damaged too, and were afraid for a while of his permanent tooth). We just kept up with the raw milk and cod liver oil and butter and I believe that helped completely heal it all up.
See, this helps me feel better

Her gums look fine, it's just her whole tooth is gray. Maybe it will tighten up. Having had issues with Siah's teeth before, I was hoping we would have no more teeth issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.