Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a first time mom and recently I've been losing my cool with my son. I get a little rough and scream or shout. I feel horrible about it, it's not all the time but it's often enough.
He screams and is starting to have tantrums. I try a calm approach first but I just lose it and yell at him. I'm scared he's going to be hate me or end up being damaged. I love him so much and I don't mean to lose it.
My dh says that he won't hate me and he won't remember it but I will.
I don't want my little boy to be scared of me or be damaged in the long run.
I'd never hurt him, but I know when I yell he gets scared and I just feel so bad. I'm usually such a happy mama.
Will he remember or be damaged. What are some good tips on how to cool down. I'm usually doing this alone.
I don't want my son to hate me or think that I don't love him.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm a first time mom and recently I've been losing my cool with my son. I get a little rough and scream or shout. I feel horrible about it, it's not all the time but it's often enough.
He screams and is starting to have tantrums. I try a calm approach first but I just lose it and yell at him. I'm scared he's going to be hate me or end up being damaged. I love him so much and I don't mean to lose it.
My dh says that he won't hate me and he won't remember it but I will.
I don't want my little boy to be scared of me or be damaged in the long run.
I'd never hurt him, but I know when I yell he gets scared and I just feel so bad. I'm usually such a happy mama.
Will he remember or be damaged. What are some good tips on how to cool down. I'm usually doing this alone.
I don't want my son to hate me or think that I don't love him.
Ive had problems with this and so has my friends. We both listen to the Joel Wolfe Podcast: Courage in Chaos. She recounts how she dealt with her children and tantrums. The episodes id recommend is never let em see you sweat and the setting limits section. Theres a lot of good info there. You can find the podcast on youtube, or spotify and itunes. id post a link but the forum wont let me. Here website is w w w. joelwolfe.me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts