Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have been to two prenatal appointments so far.
the first i received my starting weight and the second i lost a pound!
how does that happen?

i have been eating rather well and expected to gain at least 3 pounds or so by that second appointment.
not that i am really complaining, i just find it strange!
our little babaaaay is due october 9 and i am 15 weeks tomorrow!
has anyone else lost weight?

here is a photo of our wee one at 13 weeks...!!!
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3079/image0o.jpg

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Awesome!!! (the pic) Just had to say that given your sig.

I think the weight loss is normal, especially such a small amount. Think of all the major work your body is doing? It's using up calories and resources to make that awesomeness in your belly. If you keep losing as the PG continues then I'd be concerned, but I"m sure your doc will too. Anyway, congrats on the pic and the cuteness within!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
don't worry about the weight loss
i've lost 7lbs so far (13.5wks) thanks to lots of nausea
i was super nauseated with ds but had gained 3lbs by this point
my midwife said it's totally normal. for my average sized body type she said up to about 12lbs of weight loss or 6lbs gain in the 1st tri is normal.

i had wanted to lose 5-10lbs before i got pregnant again, just didn't expect to lose it WHILE pregnant

i only find it strange because i haven't lost weight without trying since my early 20s - like 15yrs ago!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Congrats on seeing your little bean! And don't worry about the weight loss, I just asked my dr about that at my appointment this week because I haven't gained anything. She said that's totally normal, that the baby doesn't even weigh a pound yet, and that weight gain usually starts around week 16. I have been eating a lot too, so I was surprised -- wish I could eat like this all the time and not gain weight, lol!

·
Registered
577 Posts
My sister gained 12 lbs her first trimester and I lost 11 lbs my first trimester. We have both been told that we were within the realm of normal. (She went on to only gain a moderate amount overall and has since lost all the weight after the birth). I had been trying to lose weight for 6 months before becoming pregnant and couldn't lose a pound! Throwing up changed that in a hurry!

Everyone's body is different, but you definitely have nothing to worry about at this point. Just wait til the 2nd trimester kicks in...I bet you'll be gaining a little belly weight in no time! I am personally really looking forward to showing a bit since losing all that weight. So far I've gained back 2 of those lbs so at least I am headed in the right direction!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'll be sixteen weeks tomorrow and haven't gained any weight. I gorged myself all Easter weekend with sugar cookies I made, prime rib and mashed potatoes and gravy(not my normal eating habits). I was sure that by Wednesday I would have gained something because of all that eating. I got on the scale and found that I had lost two pounds. It doesn't bother me because my belly is growing and my uterus is already up to my belly button so I know all is well.

Cute ultrasound pic! Congratulations!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I lost 10 lbs between weeks 6 and 14. My doctor wasn't too worried, especially since I have a bit extra padding to begin with. He wants me to up my calorie intake, but I don't think that'll be too hard since I'm finally starting to feel better.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Great pic! I was down a few pounds, but I'm sure I've made those up recently LOL

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I lost about 10 pounds the first trimester, then stayed at exactly the same weight until week 34... and then I gained 25lbs and had a 100% healthy 8 1/2 pound baby. So I wouldn't worry if your doctor isn't worried. Just make sure that you're eating what you need. I do think part of my problem was that I was BFing a toddler, and so I needed lots of extra calories that I just wasn't eating. I never had nausea with that pregnancy, I just wasn't hungry ever... and was burning through calories. But I more than made up for it at the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.