Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if I should be concerned about this. I have been having braxtons for a while now. They seems strong to me...not painful though, but they always slow down and go away. Anyway, a few weeks ago a lost a little mucus. I thought hmmmm, no big deal. Then this morning I lost some, about the size of a dime. It was darker yellow and more green then the last time (gross I know). Anyway, I am still having these braxtons on and off too. So being the curious me, I checked myself and I am soft, but closed...maybe a fingertip open if anything.<br><br>
For some reason I am very calm about this. I feel like this baby wants to come early, but I don't think I will go into labor until at least mid Oct. Just a feeling that I have. My last dd was "late" by almost 2 weeks so I was kind of expecting that this time around, but with these signs already I'm not so sure anymore.<br><br>
Anyway, I missed my last appointment with my midwife. I am planning on going in a few weeks. Should I be rushing in or just schedule an appointment?<br><br>
By the way, I'm a stay at home mom. Pretty laid back lifestyle, I do daycare, but I'm not terribly active. A lot of laying and sitting around other than when I'm cleaning and cooking.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I'd give your MW a call and see what she thinks...but it sounds as if things are just fine. As long as your cervix is staying closed, the mucus plug can regenerate itself and really isn't indicative that labor is imminent.<br><br>
Your MW may want to check you to make sure the ctx you are having aren't dilating you (even though you checked yourself). But if you're still closed, they are probably just BH.

·
Registered
750 Posts
on the mucus only:<br>
the description of your mucus sounds like normal vaginal mucus discharge. it can increase as we get closer to delivery and come in copious amounts. it is usually white/yellow etc and doesn't have blood in it.<br><br>
some people think it is like the EWCM they got during fertile times.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Had sex recently? DH and I DTD this morning and my BH contrax have been nonstop since then. Makes picking up around the house that much more difficult!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts