Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest was vaxed. I have kept her records in the same spots through several moves and more. The other day I had to copy our birth certificates for something and realized the vax record was not with all the other papers. I have searched high and low for that card and it is gone. I then realized I can always get a new birth certificate or similar but that record was all I had! We no longer vax but I want it for records of course. I know the school has a copy on record somewhere but being non vax now how the heck do I ask for a copy? I am preparing myself for our "no longer vax" letter when they say she needs new shots this year. (DS staretd school with an exemption letter.)<br><br>
I know a copy is my right but I am not interested in adding fuel t otheir fire-kwim? I hope the copy is floating around the house BUT DH brought the file with all records to an appt. some months ago and I worry it was dropped there. This is harder for me now that I DON't vax...<br><br>
Any ideas? I do beleive I copied her card on a thread here so I am gonna do a lengthy search...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I lost my stepkids vax records YEARS ago, and here in Michigan we went to the Department of Health where you can purchase replacement birth certificates and got copies of the records for free. Have you tried asking the Department of Health, or whatever agency maintains birth and death records, for new vax records?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were simply handwritten in, by more than one person, in more than one state! This is the only record besides what may be in her medical records. I am gonna get her medical records form the Doc who is supposed to have them soon.<br><br>
It is simply a little card given to me when she was born, that I had filled in at each vax. How times have changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts