Mothering Forum banner

Lotion/cream for eczema on a sensitive, allergic toddler?

730 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  matey 
#1 ·
DS is allergic to dairy and peanuts, and very sensitive to dyes and additives. His eczema is so bad right now, and his skin is extremely dry. I've been using eucerin calming cream some, but mostly Badger baby balm. The baby balm is great for the hot spots, but I think we need more of a lotion or cream for his whole body in combination with it to help with the dryness. I'd prefer to stay away from petroleum. The calming creme just isn't cutting it for him. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
What about the lanolin-based ointment that is often recommended to breastfeeding moms for cracked nipples?

I've bought a big tube of the brand name lansinoh with each baby, used a tiny amount on my nipples until we got the hang of nursing together, and then used up the rest as a cream for skin irritations on baby and anyone else in my family who needed it.

#6 ·
just asked my mom this because she has eczema and she uses straight aloe vera, the good kind 100% kind that needs refrigeration.
i would love to know if this works for other folks, she is kinda new to having it

as for a helpful thing prevention wise, the essential fatty acid oils, internally really seem to straighten the skin and the immune system so will work on both the symptoms and the root issue

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuits & Gravy View Post
Can you tell me more about the homeopathy?
We used the Skin Doctor homeopathic formula - it worked really well for both my dd's. The only thing is I think there is lactose in it - as in most homeopathic formulas. My eldest dd has a dairy allergy and doesn't react to the lactose in homeopathic preparations. But I know some do. Has ds used them before?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.