Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear mommies,

My 5 month old son is currently on the 5th day of antibiotics for his ear infection. He has recovered from his ear infection but has meanwhile caught a yeast infection -- he has reddish round (spots which are size of a nickel) above his penis and also reddish rashes below his chin.. The Ped advised us to use Lotrimin on Friday. But we are unable to find Lotrimin for infants. Over the weekend I tried several drug stores and all of them said Lotrimin is for adults for treating vaginal infections..Is there a kid version of Lotrimin or can I use the adult ointment on him? Also, can I apply Lotrimin on his face, chin etc or should I restrict it to the diaper area.

I have started putting half a capsule of Acidophilous (twice daily) in his milk.He mostly takes EBM.

Is there anything else thatI could do? We are going on a 3 week internation trip this friday and I would like him to be cured (or atleast put him on the right treatment) by then. The rashes are not itchy but just seem red..The Peds office is closed on Mondays

Please help
Deepa

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Get the Lotrimin AF.. Its in a tube and you can find it near the Athletes foot meds.. Thats what Lotrimin is for... BUT it will work for the yeast as well. I used it in my sons diaper area at every other changing.. ( there is also the Zinc in there to help keep out moisture) I also used it on my nipples and he is breastfed only... SO I think it should be ok on his chin.. A small amount goes a long way.. I hope that helps..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.