Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have four little ones under six.  The oldest goes to our neighborhood school, and the 4 year old goes half days twice weekly.  I am home with my two year old and six month old sons, and I want to enjoy them so badly, but I just dread filling the long days.  It's very hard for me to get out, and my husband works an odd shift (noon to 10pm), so I have long evenings.  We have recently moved and have no family nearby.  I am feeling down and lonely, jealous of my husband's quiet commute to work and his freedom (going for a run, playing tennis with a work pal).  When I am home, I am surrounded by laundry and dishes and can't seem to get on top of things!   I feel I need to get a break -- a feeling I never wanted to have -- and yet I can't imagine when I'd do that with a nursing baby, or what I would even want to do if given the time, particularly w/o a sister or dear friend nearby.  It's hard to imagine I could feel lonely with all of these little ones around!  We were homeschooling last year, and I felt like I had more purpose...  now there is still much to do, but I feel like I am wandering.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any tips for this difficult time?  I had some baby blues after my second daughter was born, and I am beginning to feel as I did then, but I want to avoid medications, of course.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Rachel</p>

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
<p>Hi Mama, I have 4 little ones and have the same thing going on to some degree... too busy to do anything, but needing to do something.  Can you use meetup to hook up with a group of people?  Do you have a hobby you can force yourself to take part in on the weekends, when hubby can watch the kids?  Even if it is for 45 minutes? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you find another paretn through the school to swap baby sitting, so you can volunteer at your kids' school? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just some ideas.... I think that it is good to get out even for a walk every day.  Can you go for a walk in the AM before your DH goes to work?  That way you can get some fresh air and exercise... and get away from the dishes and laundry...</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts