Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was this a sign of imminent labor for you? I have barely been able to get off the couch before now and I woke at 730am with the desire to clean my whole house. It was half done by 10am. I'm sitting down, which usually makes me more tired, but I still want to get up and clean. I sure hope this means something.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I go through serious nesting and cleaning the entire third trimester, but I do notice an increase in energy a few weeks or days prior to giving birth. In other words, I think it's one of the least reliable signs...nevertheless, doesn't it feel great to have a clean house?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
for some people it is! Don;t wear yourself out too much in case labor starts soon

·
Registered
482 Posts
Well I"ve been nesting for months, and I've had huge bursts of energy, keeping me up until wee hours of the morning, cleaning my whole house FOUR times now in the past week. I kept thinking it should mean something, but apparently, for me, it just means I'm a little bit OCD

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think it's a good sign! I had that burst of energy both days before I went into labor before. So it was for me!

I nest a lot during the third tri, but I've lost all my nesting energy and now there is lots of stuff I *want* to do, but I don' t have the energy to get up and do. This morning I was awake from 4am and I thought about cleaning but I just wanted to lie there and not sleep. So the day I actually have the physical energy to get up and clean, I would think that labor is imminent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.