Mothering Forum banner

Lots of eyeball snot????

637 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sniffmommy 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any idea why I have been plagued by eye snot? My two year old woke up every morning with it a few weeks ago. It stopped but now I am waking up with my eyelids crusted shut. I am just wondering if anyone knows what causes it or why it is so bad? It is worse in the left eye. I am worried about an eye infection. My other eye already has a stromal scar on the cornea. I don't want to mess around with the other but since my daughter had something similar and it went away I am second guessing if it is an eye infection or an allergy symptom.

#4 ·
My allergies are acting up very badly. It could also be pink eye which I have had before a couple times when I was about 9 or 10. I remember my eye was swollen and red on the outside and inside then and it isn't now it looks normal just crusts in the morning and snots occasionally during the day. Also, my 2 year old's eye never swelled up. I did squirt breast milk into hers a few times because I was worried about it being pink eye. There had been a recent outbreak at her school. If it is pink eye does anyone know if some cases are mild whereas others are severe? Has anyone heard of it going away on it's own like my daughter's did?

#5 ·
Yes, pink eye usually goes away on it's own. It is just a "cold" in your eye, and almost all the time is caused by a virus and not bacteria.

#7 ·
A sinus infection can do it.

Basicly if the preassure builds up in your sinuses, it can push into your eye cavietes and alot of times also your ears will build up preassure aswell.

Hope you feel batter soon!

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sisteeesmama View Post
I say conjunctivitis and from what I have read it is actually caused by fecal matter.....? ANyone ever read that?
Conjuctivitis just means a infection of the Eye, it can be bacterial, viral, or allergies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjunctivitis

#10 ·
I get that in the spring when the pollen comes out. It started two or three years ago for the first time in my life. So given time of the year I think allergies are likely. Pink eye (and viral conjunctivitis) cause pink eyes all day. Not just goop in the morning. It's uncomfortable too. I don't think you're describing that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.