Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
There is no way that one fuzbaby diaper costs $11 Canadian to mail to the USA. I bet it would be only $5.25 Canadian Maximum!! I know cause I send diapers to the USA all the time!!! My goodness, I guess some people want a huge handling fee, that is a real sore spot for me.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It's a peeve of mine too. I just saw a used diaper I'd like to get (BIN is reasonable), but they want $4 to ship 1 diaper
I KNOW it doesn't cost that to send 1 diaper!!! Probably should more like $2. Anyway......
Amy

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Okay here's the email I sent: "Hi , I was interested in bidding on your Fuzbaby diapers but don't quite understand why it would cost $7.50 to ship one diaper.And with no combined shipping would I actually be expected to pay $15 to ship two diapers? Thanks ,Jamie"

I just hope someone doesn't think wow a ten dollar Fuz and bid before they read the shipping.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ctdoula
It's a peeve of mine too. I just saw a used diaper I'd like to get (BIN is reasonable), but they want $4 to ship 1 diaper
I KNOW it doesn't cost that to send 1 diaper!!! Probably should more like $2. Anyway......
Amy
I'd bet they're shipping it priority. Just a guess.

$7.50 and no combining is just a way to ensure a higher price, IMHO.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Even with priority it is only 3.85 though, right? Or is that coming from Canada? Going back to check...

okay coming from Canada, hmmm...I tried to send something priority to Canada and my PO said you can't ship priority to other countries...

I have no idea, the no combined shipping is what really gets me though...
:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Quote:
$7.50 and no combining is just a way to ensure a higher price, IMHO
You are probably right. That way even if only one person bids she get's $17.50 for the diaper and doesn't have to pay ebay as much because they don'y take a percentage of shipping.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Quote:
I tried to send something priority to Canada and my PO said you can't ship priority to other countries...
I live in Canada and I've received lots of things via USPS Global Priority.

I shipped 3 diapers & a wool cover today and it cost Cdn$5.60/US$4 for airmail. If it was Xpresspost (equivalent to priority?, with insurance, tracking, etc.) it would have cost about US$12.50-$13.

I bet she is shipping via Expedited Parcel (delivery confirmation, tracking), 1 diaper at about 4.5 oz would cost about US$7.50 But I can't see charging $7.50 shipping per diaper either.
:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Okay I got a response to my email and yes she did lower the shipping. She explained all her reasons for the high shipping and the no combining. Only I don't know if it's allowed or if I would even feel right repeating what was written to me in an email with out the person knowing I was doing so. Darn conscious!

I will say that I won't be bidding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.