Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS loves being in the Moby wrap. He's now 6 weeks old. We have only done the newborn hug hold. When we are at home, it's great. And, if I plan ahead and put it before we leave the house, then we are all set.<br><br>
But, I wanted to get something that didn't require so much advance planning. So, I got a Maya Wrap Ring Sling. I'm still trying to do the tummy hold, but every time I try it, DS starts crying and wants out. I've tried it a bunch of times...all while he was calm to begin with.<br><br>
I would think that the positions are fairly similar. I'm bummed I spent so much money on something that doesn't seem to be working.<br><br>
How do you deal with putting on the Moby when you are out and about? Or is there a different carrier that would be better for a 6 week old?

·
Registered
778 Posts
If you like the RS, I'd hold onto it and try it periodically to see if your little one changes his mind at some point. My son really hated my wrap at first, but at 2.5 that's all I wear him in.<br>
If the Moby is working for you then stick with that for the time being. Once my son made peace with the wrap, I generally pretied it and wore it most of the day and popped him in and out. I periodically retied it during the day, but wore it pretty much the whole day. With winter coming, you can just think if it as an extra layer of warmth and put it on before you go out each time along with your jacket.<br>
I also got more lax about where I'd wrap. As long as there isn't obvious mud or anything that will get the wrap really dirty, I'll wrap just about anywhere.<br>
Melinda

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sorry it's not working out! If you can get together with locals who are ring sling pros, they may be able to troubleshoot.<br><br>
I personally didn't really "get" the ring sling and had to switch to wraps which were easier for me.<br><br>
You could get a shorter wrap, or hem yours, if it has extra length, and if you think less fabric will make it easier to use. I put my wraps on (they're all wovens) anywhere, like pp said. The ends may drag, but they're not the part baby's going to be chewing on!<br><br>
Or if it's just too much work to tie on, that should resolve pretty quickly if you're using it every day. You'll get superfast and not mind doing it in the parking lot!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a Sleepy Wrap, which is like a stretchy Moby. I've tried slings and I just don't like them as much. What I do is I put the wrap on before I leave the house and then leave it on all day. If I do take it off, it's somewhere that I feel comfortable setting my daughter on the floor and dragging the wrap on the floor to get it on. I've tried putting in on in parking lots and not letting it drag, but it's a pain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts