Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a debate thread!!!

Mark Morford:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...504.DTL&nl=fix

Quote:
Did you hear the screams? Did you feel the menacing chill? Did you see the black and ominous clouds, moving north?

Did you sense, in other words, the very presence of Satan himself as he laughed maniacally and tossed around bucketfuls of ultrathin condoms and little travel-size packets of Astroglide like confetti while riding his Harley Softail up to Toronto or maybe Edmonton to join the ghastly and sodomitic celebrations?

Because it's happened. Canada's high court just ruled that the government can, if it so desires, redefine marriage to include gay couples, which it has declared it will do almost immediately, thus solidifying Canada's place as the chilly yet mellow and gay friendly and hockey-riffic epicenter of all known hell...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,789 Posts
Quote:
It's getting more confusing by the minute, isn't it? I mean, Canada now has legal medical pot and legal gay marriage and universal health care and no known terrorist enemies and a relatively successful multiparty political system. They also have, according to U.N.'s Human Development Index, one of the highest qualities of life in the world. All coupled with a dramatically reduced rate of gun violence and far better gun-control legislation than the U.S., despite having the exact same per capita rate of gun ownership and gun-sport enthusiasm.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,131 Posts
Woohoo Canada!

I was recently talking with a friend who's, I don't remember the official language, but he's basically on the fast track to become a Canadian citizen. He was saying the great thing about Canada is that by and large, it's recognized there that the free market isn't the be-all, end-all, fix-all cure for every problem that could possibly exist. He even said that sometimes, in Canada, you hear phrases like (warning: this is shocking) for the public good.
:LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by girlndocs
Woohoo Canada!
He even said that sometimes, in Canada, you hear phrases like (warning: this is shocking) for the public good.
:LOL
Quelle horreur!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Time to move in with my step-dad's family ( in canada of course ) YAY!

Quote:
Satan himself as he laughed maniacally and tossed around bucketfuls of ultrathin condoms and little travel-size packets of Astroglide like confetti while riding his Harley Softail up to Toronto or maybe Edmonton to join the ghastly and sodomitic celebrations
Now that's some evil I can get behind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa_and_Sarah
If only it weren't so doggone cold up there. Yay for Canada!
You know - it's only about -1 Celsius at night here...I think that's about 30 F? During the day, it's about 1 C = 34 F...

Hey, that's why marriage is open to everyone here - we need the body heat! :LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenail
You know - it's only about -1 Celsius at night here...I think that's about 30 F? During the day, it's about 1 C = 34 F...

Hey, that's why marriage is open to everyone here - we need the body heat! :LOL
Ha no kidding Deb. If you read the paper, my pro-same sex marriage letter to the editor will be in it tomorrow or Friday.

-19 in Ottawa today- thank goodness I am not there.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top