Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, thanks to DaryLLL who posted this link in my Parenting Multiples thread. The picture is lovely.

I also had to cheer when I read the "Advice for Brazilian Mothers" info box in the article. Seems two years is the "norm" compared to 12 months that the AAP was only able to swallow. AND note they encourage mothers to avoid bottles
. Can you imagine THAT going over well in North America??

So, happy to see the BBC reporting favourably, I checked out this link and had to
here b/c it made me so furious!

Can you imagine giving women the idea that if they "restrict" the feeding of a ONE WEEK OLD baby that it will help them "sleep through the night???". And the idea of getting women to basically stop parenting them at night makes my heart ache for those poor babes, who are probably wondering what the h*ll happens to mom when the lights go out. Are these "scientists" INSANE???

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!

thanks for letting me vent!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

You see, you teach them early not to expect you -- before they're old enough to wake everyone with their pathetic and unreasonable cries.
:

Kinda like the woman who quit bfing her 2nd child at 6 months saying -- "it's so much easier to wean them now than to wait until 18 months -- THAT was a nightmare."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.